Wednesday, March 14, 2012

The little "gimmie bug"

Do you know what a little gimme bug is? They are not very nice friends.  They want everything for themselves., Gimme this, gimme that! They grab, they push, they pull to get their own way. I know YOU don't want to be like that!  Gimme bugs are the hardest little people to be around. You don't want to play with them.


Once I was at the house of one of my little friends and I was so surprised. I met two little gimme bugs.  I wish you could have heard them.  While we were eating at the dinner table, the little boy said, "gimme the potatoes."  He never said please or thank you.  The little girl was not much better. She said, "Gimme a glass of water and grabbed for her brother's glass of water and spilled it all over the table."  I was shocked.  I thought to myself, "where are their manners?"  I knew that their parents had taught them good manners, but that they just didn't want to listen and obey.  These two gimme bugs also weren't very kind to each other.

After dinner, one of the gimme bugs wanted to show me how he had just learned to ride a bike.  The other gimme bug also wanted to show me how she could ride too and started to pull her little brother off his bike. Gimme bugs have to have all the attention and can't share anything. I don't think they even liked each other.

No matter how hard the parents tried to correct their selfish behavior, nothing worked. I guess the  two gimme bugs  were going to learn the hard way.  The very next week, there was a birthday party in the neighborhood. The invitations were sent out to all, except for the two gimme bugs. I felt so sorry for them. The children told me that they didn't want any gimme bugs spoiling their party. At first the two gimme bugs said that they didn't care and stayed to themselves, until there was a slumber party, the pool party, the trip to the zoo,and another birthday party and NO INVITATION. The two gimme bugs weren't invited anywhere. How sad it was for them.
 
Do you know any gimme bugs in your house or neighborhood?  I hope you don't. I really need your help, and I was wondering if you might have some ideas for me?  I think the gimme bugs are both beginning to see that they have a  BIG problem with SELFISHNESS.  How can I help them change?  I bet your mommy and daddy have some great ideas you can share with me.







No comments:

Post a Comment