Sunday, March 25, 2012

Emma's problem

Remember me?  I  am Emma Marie and I have a BIG problem.  I hope you will be able to help me.  You see, a new girl named Shelby moved into my neighborhood and I am having the worst time being her friend.  She wants to be the boss of everything and I don't know what to do.  When we play games, she always has to be first and won't play if she loses.  I really don't  like to play with Shelby, but I have been thinking. Maybe she will change if I pray for her and ask the Lord to change her heart. But maybe, I need to pray for the Lord to change my heart.  All I know is that I don't like her very much. 


I think I am going to talk with my mother to see what she says.  She is busy right now putting my baby brother to bed, but she will be in later for me.  She always likes to talk with me about my problems and is very wise.  Daddy isn't home right now, but he is very wise too. But tonight, I have a girl problem.  Here she is now.


"Emma, have you bushed your teeth and and washed your face and hands?"  


"Yes, Momma, I am all ready, but I need to talk with you about Shelby."

"What is you're problem Emma?"

"It's Shelby momma. She isn't very nice and I don't like her.  Do I have to play with her?"


"No Emma. You don't have to play with her, but I don't think that your attitude is very nice either. We need to pray."

We sat together on my bed, and prayed for the Lord to change my  attitude towards Shelby.    My mother told me that "to have a friend,  you first need to be a friend". I sure have a lot to learn.
I guess I am going to have to be a friend.  Tomorrow is a new day and I have to start sometime.   Please pray for me.

How would you handle this problem?  What would your mother tell you to do?  Perhaps, you can help me.

Good night
Emma Marie









No comments:

Post a Comment