Monday, February 6, 2012


My name is Chipper the Chipmunk and I LOVE peanuts








My friend Johnny Williams loves to feed me peanuts.  I look forward to Johnny every summer when he visits his grandparents.  He always brings a big bag of peanuts and I eat every one of them. The only one that I will share my peanuts with is Caroline. We met while gathering our nuts last Fall. I want Johnny to meet Caroline. I think he will like her too. Maybe he will bring extra peanuts this summer.  I think Caroline is very special and I would like her to be my wife.  She has agreed to marry me and I am going to really surprise Johnny.
Johnny was excited to get to his grandparents.  School was out, his suit case packed and he was on his way.  When we arrived at his grandparents, he immediately went looking for Chipper.  He didn't know anything about Caroline.  But to his surprise, he could not find Chipper.  Chipper was no where to be seen. Every morning Johnny put out more and more peanuts, hoping to draw him, but day after day, no Chipper.  Johnny was getting very concerned about Chipper health.  What if a fox caught him this winter? Or he got sick and died? Johnny was very sad. 


His week's vacation was coming an end and he really missed his little friend Chipper.  He had trained Chipper since he was a little guy, who lived under his grandparents cabin.  But this summer, Chipper was not there. Johnny's vacation just wasn't the same. What was he going to do with all the extra bags of peanuts? On the morning that Johnny was leaving to go home, he tried to call for Chipper one more time.  To his surprise guess who showed up?  It was Chipper and guess who was with him?  Over the winter Chipper had created a family.  A little Chip was born and Chipper was so proud of his family. He brought out his family to meet Johnny. Johnny took all the peanuts and spread them out on the deck.  The little family quickly gather the nuts in their cheeks and scampered back under the cabin.  Johnny was so happy that Chipper had a family. Hopefully, by next summer Chippers family will have grown some more, and Johnny will  make sure that Chipper has enough peanuts for his family for the winter.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment