Saturday, October 29, 2011

Fluff's Beautiful Ears






Fluff was an adorable, white fluffy bunny, who lived with her mommy and daddy in the hollow of an old apple tree. Every day she would get up in the morning, and she would look into the mirror admiring her long, beautiful bunny ears.  Fluff took very good care of her very special ears.She always made sure they were clean, even if her face was dirty. The other little girl bunnies had beautiful long ears too, but Fluff's were extra long, until one morning when she looked into the mirror, she noticed that her ears were getting shorter and shorter. "Mommy," she cried 'my ears are getting shorter and shorter. What is the matter?"  Her older sister's ears were still growing.  How can this be? ' she questioned.  For some reason, only Fluff's ears had stopped growing.

Every morning, Fluff would look into the mirror to see if her ears were growing., but they weren't.
They were just getting shorter and shorter.  By now all the other bunnies were noticing Fluff's short ears. What was she going to do?  "I know,' she thought, 'I will stretch them out.'  So she took her paws and started to pull on her ears. It didn't work.  Her ears didn't change.  Her mommy had told her  'Fluff, if you don't eat your dinner, your ears will get even shorter."  Fluff  didn't want to listen or obey her mother.

As the weeks went by, that was exactly what started to happen. Mommy would prepare a meal for the whole family, but  Fluff would just sit there and not eat.  She only wanted to eat what she wanted to eat, not what her mommy said would help her ears to grow.  Because she didn't listen to her mommy or daddy her ears became shorter, and shorter and shorter.  All the other bunny ears, in the green forest, were growing faster and much prettier.than hers.  Fluff didn't like that.,  She wanted her long, beautiful ears back again.           

One night Fluff dreamed that her dinner plate was completely empty. Everyone else was eating, but she didn't want to. Then, a knock came to the door and Mommy answered it.  It was Hopper, Fluff's best friend. "Hi Hopper. What can I do for you? asked mommy.  "I am very hungry.  My mommy is sick and daddy can't cook.  Can I eat with you?" asked Hopper.  "Why, of course you can.  Fluffy doesn't like to eat any more, so you can eat her dinner." answered mommy.  "Thank you so much, because if I don't eat, my ears will get shorter and shorter, and will look like Fluff's ears."responded Hopper graciously. Fluff suddenly woke up from her dream.  "My ears, my ears, 'it's all my fault.  I don't want to eat and my ears will not grow.   I am going to start eating more than my sister. Fluff, quickly got up from bed, brushed her teeth and stubby ears, and raced down stairs to eat her breakfast.

From then now, there was never an empty plate in front of  Fluff.  In fact, Fluff, began to eat twice as much food as her older sister.  She had discovered an important lesson.  If she didn't  eat, she would never have beautiful, long floppy ears again.  Within a very short time Fluff's ears once again grew to be the longest, floppiest, bunny ears in the whole green forest.  Fluff was often asked how she grew back her beautiful ears. She would politely answer..."I just had to decide to eat and believe the God, who creates little bunnies, tells my mommy what was good for me.."  Fluff shook her beautiful long, floppy ears and hopped down the bunny trail to find Hopper, her best friend.  When  Hopper saw fluff, she was so excited.. "Why Fluff, your ears are beautiful again..  Let's go and show all the bunnies in the green forest your beautiful, long floppy ears."  So that is the story of Fluff, the little bunny who wouldn't eat.  I am so happy that all my little friends eat their Dinners.                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment